Tuesday, June 10, 2014

MOSS 2007 sitecollections locked

Well, yesterday morning , none of our MOSS 2007 users were able to do anything on our MOSS 2007 web applications.  I checked my Content DB & Config DB whether it is set to read-only , but it is not. I checked for Quiescing , but it is not.

Finally used control point and , found that all the Site collections were set to read only. Due to the urgency of the situation I executed this script to unlock more than 2000 site collections one by one.
stsadm -o setsitelock -url <URL name> -lock {none | noadditions | readonly | noaccess}

Prior to executing this script, I used stsadm -o enumsites -url <URL name> and stored the url in a file.

Does anyone have a comprehensive script , which can iterate through the Site collections to unlock it , using stsadm? I am now investigating how site collections got locked. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment