Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Unable to display this web part error.To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Designer

Me and my colleagues were getting this error "Unable to display this web part. To troubleshoot the problem , open this page in ......" on a particular web application.

I analyzed and found that this is due to XSLT error. As I have to fix this issue quickly ,  I stopped the web application and started it again. The problem is gone but I was not happy with the way I handled this issue. 

Hence I analyzed further and found that I need to increase the XSLT transformation time out. I wanted to check the default time for XSLTTransformtimeout in my farm , and by using the following powershell command I found that it was set to 1.  

$farm = Get-SPFarm
$farm.XSLTTransformTimeout

As a precautionary measure, I increased the XSLTTranfromtimeout to 5 and till now the problem did not occur. 

$farm = Get-SPFarm
$farm.XSLTTransformTimeout =5
$farm.Update()

Now I have to check in the forthcomingdays, if this problem will be shown again or not. Do you recommend that this fix will work?. Please help me with your suggestions.


FYI: XSLTTransformTimeout property is available with the Feb 2012 CU for SharePoint 2010 Server. 




No comments:

Post a Comment