Friday, July 11, 2014

MyContent Link is missing/not visible in My Site

One of my user reported that he is not able to see the My Content link in his MySite.


All my users were able to see My Content link , but this user was not. Out of curiosity I checked the following

1) Central Admin -> Application management -> My site web application -> Self service site creation - It was enabled.
2) Central Administration->Application management -> Select User Profile Service ->MySite Settings-> All the configurations (My Site Host, Personal Site Location, Site Naming Format, Read Permission Level, Security Trimming Options etc) are correct.
3) Central Administration->Application management -> Select User Profile Service ->People->Manage User Permissions -> Added the user -> Enabled permissions for User personal features, Create personal site, Use social features. Now the user was able to see the My Content link and clicking on it created his personal site.

In my organisation , instead of enabling "User personal features, Create personal site, Use social features" for employees individually we created an AD group and enabled aforementioned permissions to that AD group. Finally I added the user who reported this error into that AD group which solved the problem.

Hope this helps for you as well!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment